No traditions for me….
I am not religous and dont like to stick too much to traditions….so f**k the usual colored eggs this year and here is a recipe that I got taught when I was training as a chinese chef…
JASMINE TEA EGGS :
* 6 eggs
* 120 ml. dark soy sauce
* 6 dl. water
* 2 tablespoons sugar
* 4 pieces star anise
* 1 cinnamon stick
* 4 teaspoons jasmine tea leaves (traditionally oolong tea leaves are used, but I prefer the fragrance of jasmine-scented green tea and there are so many variations)
1. Hard-boil eggs in water. Allow to cool.
2. Combine all the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
3. Once eggs are cool enough to handle, gently but firmly crack the shells until you have many little cracks all over the shell. Do not remove shell.
4. Place cracked, hard-boiled eggs into the liquid and simmer at low heat for half an hour.
5. Turn off heat and allow eggs to cool down , keep the eggs in the liquid overnight in the refrigerator. The longer they steep the darker the color and the stronger the flavor.
6. When ready to eat, remove eggs from the braising liquid and carefully remove eggshells.